Thursday, May 24, 2018

Greek Day/Slice Of Life #12

     On a Friday, I had A-Day Block 3 Greek Day with my Social Studies teacher Mr. DellaCroce.  It was pretty fun, but everything seemed... shorter.  It went by pretty fast and we didn’t get to do everything that was planned.  Still, it was fun.  I’m just going to talk about one thing, though... Poseidolphin!

     First I walked into the classroom and saw my classmates holding their Greek crafts or letting them sit on the table, there were all kinds of crafts.  Helmets, floral crowns, mini chariots, instruments, li’l drawings, etc.  I came over to my table with my “Poseidolphin”.

     The Poseidolphin was a drawing of a bottlenose dolphin I drew on a baby blue paper and cut out.  I had a sticky note on it with some information.  “Poseidolphin: Poseidon’s Pet” and “A dolphin is the national animal of Greece.”  There’s no such thing as Poseidolphin, it’s just something I made.  I sat at my desk with the Poseidolphin on my lap.

     Surprisingly, even though it was kind of rushed and I made it the night before, it seemed pretty popular!  Later on, during  the trading with the Greek crafts everyone made (it represented the Agora), I think at least three people wanted to trade for my Poseidolphin.  They thought was cute or something, I guess that’s true.  I hope I didn’t seem selfish, but I just didn’t really want to trade it for anything.

Alright, so that’s everything I can think of to say about my Poseidolphin.  Maybe you can tell me about your Greek crafts in the comments!  See you (not literally) in my next blog post!  Thanks for reading!  Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment