Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Most NOT Dumb Thing I’ve Ever Done?! IDK!!

     I honestly have no idea what my greatest achievement is.  Really.  I guess I’m smart, but I don’t feel like I’m any kind of child genius or anything, but an achievement might have to do with that.

     Wow.  Just as I was finishing that last sentence besides “wow” I just thought of the most obvious thing.  It has to do with my food, you MIGHT be able to guess, it’s not that unlikely!

     Are youuuuu readyy?  My... GRRRRREAATest achievement... iiiiiiiiiis... be... com... ing... aaaaa...

     VEGETARIAN!!!

     You might know some people around my age or maybe even younger who are vegetarians, but trust me, it can be pretty hard.  Also, the majority of my life I have been a vegetarian and I started at 5 years of age!  You PROBABLY don’t know any 5 year old vegetarians or people who started then.

     And, no, my family is not vegetarian.  Maybe at some point some distant or really old deceased relative of mine was, but I don’t know anything about that.  My mom isn’t, my dad isn’t, my brother isn’t, well, you get the idea.  This whole thing was my decision.

     You might be asking to yourself: “What’s the point?  It’s gone anyway and it tastes so GOOD!  NOT eating it is a waste, eating it isn’t!”

     Well, here’s my side of the story.  To me, all animals are fellow creatures.  Some are more advanced than others, like comparing dogs, parrots, dolphins, and cats to a chicken or something.  But in some way, whether it’s BIG or small, all animals care.  They all have some sort of love.

     We all have minds, and the same cells, and we all have that urge and determination to keep going and living.  We all think about SOMETHING.  Even though I probably usually don’t convince more people to be vegetarian and meat wouldn’t sell as much, it just feels weird to me to eat something that has even pretty much the same cells as us.

     And all the animals that are dangerous or deadly, they’re either acting in self defense, it’s a misunderstanding (like sharks attacking people in yellow or that are bleeding), they can’t help it and it’s just the way they are (like porcupines with spines, or like mosquitoes, they aren’t advanced enough to change their diet, or something), or it’s something that us HUMANS have created.  Lots of animals only hurt people because they were hurt themselves, like with animal abuse.

     I have other reasons I made this choice, but this is pretty long already, and I don’t want to take up your time reading this, since you pretty much are guaranteed not to become a vegetarian.  This is a blog post, not a debate thing.  I hope this post wasn’t offensive to you...  Well, bye!

2 comments:

  1. Clementine, I applaud your conviction. You make some very good points for your choices. Thank you for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I feel embarrassed. 😅😶

    ReplyDelete