Friday, February 2, 2018

Free Post: A Story I’m Working On!

     I’ve been working on a story called “Time to Slime”.  It’s set in a completely ordinary world, except there are living, gender-less slimes and berries that don’t really exist, which the slimes eat.  The berries aren’t part of what you’re seeing today, though.

     If you don’t understand what I mean by living slimes, just think of a Minecraft slime.  But slimes aren’t evil in the story!  Oh, there’s also this game I don’t really know anything about called “Slime Rancher”, that has good living slimes.

     Anyway, here’s a sneak peek that I sent to some of my friends on Google Drive.  I did add a paragraph and a couple sentences to it, my friends haven’t seen it yet.




     Yellow ran, it ran as fast as its legs- wait, wait, wait.  Legs?  Since when did they have legs?  Gross!  But what would replace that word?  Well, slugs have a single huge foot, would that work for Yellow?  

     “Yellow ran, it ran as fast as its FOOT could take it!”  No, that doesn’t sound right.  It isn’t exactly running either, more like sliding.  Let’s just go with “slide” instead of “run”, and “slime” instead of “legs”.  Oh, and if you haven’t figured it out by now, Yellow is a slime.  

     Alright, back to the story…  Yellow slid, it slid as fast as its slime could take it!  It looked behind itself.  Oh, come ON!  That thing must’ve been chasing me for a half hour by now.  There are lots of squirrels out there, play with them.  But you might SQUOOSH me!

     But the bouncing, brown bulldog kept blundering on after Yellow.  He ignored everything else.  His tongue was close, it was flopping out of his mouth and getting tiny droplets of spit onto Yellow’s back.  Yuck!

     “I didn’t want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice,” Yellow began.  Wow, that sounded so cool it was stupid.  How many times has that kind of thing been said in movies and TV shows anyway?

     “Bill-EEEEEEEEEEE!  Time for supper!”  An old grandma called just in time.  She didn’t actually own “Billy”, or any pet for that matter.  But she would feed and name stray dogs and cats.  The elderly lady even let them wander into her house, tracking mud all over her carpets and floors!  

     The canine’s ears perked up, and he quickly waddled back to his food provider’s house.

     “Whew, glad that’s over.  That dog was driving me crazy!”  Yellow mumbled to itself.  Well, that’s not COMPLETELY true.  I kind of wanted to show that dog who’s boss, it’s just I don’t want to pick a fight after someone already runs away!  But I could’ve EASILY won.  Ugh, oh well.  I argue with myself too much.

     Yellow happily hopped to the end of the block, which led to a large, grassy field with all sorts of flowers and other plants.  Once it got there, it couldn’t help rolling around in the lush greenery. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I’ll post another blog, I mean, blog another post of the story I’m working on. I’ve written a couple more paragraphs and shtuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great story so far and I would love to read more about it in the future. Thank you for sharing your post this week.

    ReplyDelete