Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mario’s Italian Lemonade

     This is a pretty late blog post, but it’s better than nothing, right?  So, my topic for the Chicago History Project was Mario’s Italian Lemonade.  Mario’s Italian Lemonade is a family owned stand in Chicago that sells Italian ice.  It’s owned by Mario DiPaolo Sr, his wife Dorothy and their children.  It’s been around for over 60 years!

     I chose this topic because it’s sort of personal.  Also, with all those weird murderers being studied, I thought I should lighten the mood a bit.  Anyway, the sort of personal part is I used to go there with my family when I was a lot younger.  We’ve never really gotten a chance to go since.  But, that doesn’t mean anything bad happened to the shop, or something bad happened with my family to stop us from going again.

     I think I did pretty well with my project in the end.  The class seemed interested enough, and I put a bunch of information.  If you have any questions about Mario’s Italian Lemonade, you can ask in the comments.  I’ll try to answer.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment