Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Two Of My Poems

Here are two of my poems.  The first one is the nature poem I called “An Ocean Fantasy”.  The second one is the rainy day poem, I didn’t really think of a special name for it.  It’s onomatopoeia.


Drifting through endless blue
Eyes peek out to stare at you
They go back into the sand
A misfit here; a lubber of land

You keep flying, through all the coral
Blooming colors; almost floral
Seahorses gallop on and on
Slowly, slowly, then they’re gone  

Dolphins swirl and leap and glide
Riding invisible water slides
Clicks and whistles bounce about
Chatting ‘bout you without a doubt

Staying here in a fantasy
Water for infinity
Sinking down, you close your eyes
Taking the path of ocean tides




The drizzling rain pitter patters lightly on my shoes as they smack their way across the ground to my house.  It’s getting harder, each raindrop almost splashes onto me now.  Lightning zips, thunder cracks.  I get to the gate and unlatch it as it clinks, the gate creaks open.  Each raindrop is now a big plop onto my shirt and face.  The leaves on the tree rustle loudly.  My shoes are bonking down when I run up the stairs.  I thrust the door open and slam it closed.  I sigh.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment