Wednesday, May 23, 2018

What Is Poetry?

     What is poetry?  First, I’ll ask Google.  “literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature.”  Now I’ll put it in my own words...

     Poetry is a style of writing to make ideas more exciting and fun, it often using rhyming.  Some other common characteristics of poetry are onomatopoeia, alliteration, personification, repetition and metaphors/similes.  Poetry is almost always written in lines that would go into stanzas.

     I definitely know what poetry is, but it’s kind of hard to define.  What’s your definition of poetry? You can tell me in the comments!  If you want, you could also stick a poem you like or a poem you made in the comments.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment