Monday, March 26, 2018

Spring Break & Easter!!

     Less than a week until Easter Sunday!!  Six days, to be exact.  April Fools Day is also on Easter, but you probably know that by now.  At least for me and my family, since I’m a Christian, it’s kind of like God is doing an April Fools joke to Satan.

     “Ha, you thought Jesus was dead?!  Well, He rose from the dead and opened the gates of Heaven!  APRIL FOOOOOOOOOLS!”

     But before Easter is GOOD Friday, which confuses me.  I go to church on “Good” Friday and we’re all mourning Jesus like His mother Mary did.  But you know, (SPOILER ALERT) He’s going to rise from the dead on Easter, and not be a zombie or anything.  Still His same self.  Yet, we’re still doing kind of a memorial mass for Him, which makes sense.

     What DOESN’T make sense is calling it Good Friday while Easter Sunday is just Easter Sunday.  Good Friday should be Not So Good Friday, and Easter Sunday should be Good & Grand Easter Sunday.  Good Friday will forever confuse me.

     But besides my religion, I do the fun candy happy crazy bunny egg hullabaloo Easter celebrations too.  It’s always a very noice day.

     Throughout the whole Spring Break, me, my brother Eamonn and my parents all work on eating the candy and eggs we got from Easter.  We never finish it all in the Spring Break time, and we usually never finish it all, at all.  Not because we have an insane amount of food, but because, well, I don’t know why.

     Actually, we do finish the eggs, we just don’t finish the candy.  There’s still some sitting around from last Easter in our fridge.  I don’t know what we’re going to do with it.  It’s the same thing with Halloween candy.

     We have at least three movies with Easter aspects to them, I can’t remember their names though.  One live action and two animated.  We usually watch one of them.

     During Spring Break some plants in our yard start blooming and blossoming more, and when we go outside we like to look at them.  We also notice the plants blooming in other people’s yards or just on their own.

     I mentioned how I go to the Good Friday mass, so I do go to mass on Holy Saturday OR Easter Sunday.  I don’t know which day I’m going to yet.  Someone who was going to read the readings and stuff at one of the masses can’t make it and my dad is doing it instead.  I might’ve heard which day that was, but I don’t remember.  Me and Eamonn are going to whichever mass my dad is reading at.  My mom believes in Jesus and all, but she doesn’t go to mass.

     That’s everything I can think of saying about something my Spring Break will be like, I hope you liked my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment